Pages

Monday 29 April 2019

Aerodynamic

FLIGHT

Aim: To learn about flight and aerodynamics. 

  • In your groups of 3 you will make a paper plane and measure its distance and behaviour.
  • In groups of 3 you will make a water rocket and record its distance and behaviour. 
Image result for flight forces

Definition:


4 forces of flight:

  1.  Gravity  
  2.  Thurst
  3.  Lift
  4.  Drag

Paper Plane:

Material:

1. paper
2. paper clip

Steps:

1. Fold the paper in half.
2. Fold it like a triangle on a paper then fold it down.
3. Fold it like a triangle again.
3. Fold in each side.

Findings:


Plane Type
Distance
Behaviour
Normal
4.9m


straight
Ailerons
4.7m
spins
Rudder
1m
swoop

Conclusion:
I have learned that 4 forces flight is Gravity, Thurs, Lift and drag. I threw my paper plane in the first attempt and it went straight, my second attempt when I put a paper clip  when I threw it, it was spinning then my third attempt and I cut on both, it went swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.